Our client is seeking a highly-skilled and confident self starter to set the overall Upholstery Assortment and Lineup for the company. Must be flexible and willing to relocate.
- Develop retail assortments to maximize category penetration and monitor overall market trends and competition.
- Assist in development and execution of merchandise plans for assigned categories and work effectively with other stakeholders in the company.
- Negotiate prices, backup availability, advertising co-op, exclusives and timely deliveries
- Develop and maintain Retail and Sales trainings for this category
- Attend domestic trade shows to round out the assortments for retail, and internet channels.
- Work to create internet specific assortments to support our brands.
- Ensure all packaging, branding, and testing for all product development collections is complete and timely
- Estimate optimum selling price points to achieve gross margin plans while maximizing sales
- Plan and execute the optimum market coverage to select and secure profitable catalog offerings
- Possess the ability to sell our products and the product knowledge to effectively communicate our brands to our team.
- A minimum of five to seven years of prior buying experience, or home furnishings experience preferably for a high volume home furnishings retailer. (Experience and knowledge of Upholstery category and products is preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
- Experience and some knowledge of sourcing from market and shows, both US and overseas
- Able to build cohesive up[holstery lineup for our stores and to analyze and build sales based on historical data.
- General understanding of computers and software; must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter, and have a proven track record of successful growth.